Heading to a museum is great way to spend time with your children and ignite their interest in science and the arts, but the costs can really add up. This Summer, however, many Chicago museums are reducing prices and many even have days where the admission fee will be waived all together.
Some of the deals include:
- Art Institute of Chicago: Free for Illinois residents, 5 to 8p.m. on Thursdays
- Chicago History Museum: Free for kids 12 and younger.
- The Field Museum: Free for teachers and active military personnel, free for everyone June 21, 22 and 23.
- Museum of Science & Industry: Free for Illinois residents June 1-3, 6-8, September 6-9, 12-16, 19-23, 26-30, October 4-6, November 3, 10, December 1.
- The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum: Free for children 3 and younger.
Read More: Chicago Museum Free Days
Asking the right questions at the outset is critical to finding the best possible daycare. Here is a list of our recommendations:
1. What is the student/teacher ratio?
2. How is the daycare structured/organized?
3. How many children apply versus get accepted?
4. When do you accept applications?
5. What is your policy for sick kids?
6. What are your hours? What is your policy for tardiness?
7. What is your policy for potty training?
8. How are classes organized?
9. What is taught? For how long?
10. What is the age range for your students?
11. What are the teacher’s qualifications? Who are the teachers?
12. Are the teachers trained in CPR/first aide?
13. Are the teachers certified?
14. How is lunch/snacks handled? Bring their own food or do they prepare food?
15. What are your hours?
16. How are naps handled?
17. How are the children disciplined?
18. Do the children go outside of the building? When? Where? How? For how long?
19. Are there any field trips? Where? When?
20. Are there any requirements for the parents?
21. Where are the children generally from in class?
22. Would I be able to bring any of my child’s personal belongings?
23. What are your fees/billing structure? How often do you bill?
24. How long has the daycare been around?
25. Have any complaints been filed against the daycare? If so, what were they?
26. When can I take a tour/meet teachers?